NFPA 70E for Managers and Electricians 2015
This advanced NFPA 70E for Managers and Electricians safety course has been updated to reflect the changes to the NFPA 70E standard released by the NFPA in 2015. This online course addresses the importance of electrical safety in the workplace under the NFPA 70E standard, and emphasizes the responsibilities of management to ensure safe working practices under the standard. Discussions include the importance of NFPA 70E, management responsibilities, the organizational structure of the NFPA 70E Standard, responsibilities, requirements of an electrical safety program, electrically safe work conditions, energized electrical work, shock risk assessment and approach boundaries, arc flash risk assessment, additional requirements and personal protective equipment, all from a management perspective. This course is intended to provide NFPA 70E guidance for managers in any industry where there maybe exposure to electrical current greater than 50 volts.
The safety topics covered in this NFPA 70E, 2015 Edition online safety course include identification of and protection from electrical safety hazards and how to establish an electrically safe work condition as outlined in the NFPA 70E standard, updated in 2015.
This advanced NFPA 70E online safety course will provide training on management’s responsibility for compliance with requirements of NFPA70E. Once you successfully complete the course, will:
- Understand the history and intent of NFPA 70E
- Understand management’s responsibility to comply with the NFPA 70E
- Be able to assess shock, arc flash and arc blast risks
- Understand methods to prevent arc flash and for protecting personnel from electrical hazards
- Be able to identify procedures for evaluating and selecting personal protective equipment for employees
- Be able to identify procedures for evaluating and performing energized electrical work